Photos: 7-bedroom-house burnt to ashes at Bono East, landlady cries for help

Must Read

GES releases timetable for KG, Primary and JHS pupils on Ghana Learning TV as lessons start today

The Ghana Education Service (GES) in collaboration with the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC), has released the virtual learning timetable...

The 23 defeated NPP MPs to lose ministerial roles in Akufo-Addo’s next government – Report

It is increasingly becoming evident that President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is purging his government of persons he perhaps...

Ugandan Election: Museveni takes early lead as Bobi Wine claims poll win

Ugandan opposition leader Bobi Wine on Friday claimed victory in presidential elections, rejecting as a “joke” early results that...
www.abcnewsgh.comhttps://abcnewsgh.com
ABC News Ghana is an investigative media house that focuses on politics, sports and the economy. Our work is thoroughly researched, balanced and fair. Our vision is to become the most preferred indigenous news brand for men in West Africa.

A ravaging fire has rendered 60-year-old lady and her family homeless and emptiness after all seven rooms with belongings burnt down to ashes at Aworano in the Techiman North District of Bono East Region.

Narrating the incident to ABC News, Elizabeth Gyamia, owner of the property said nothing was retrieved in all the seven rooms, owing to the intensity of the blazing fire, coupled with the late arrival of fire service personnel.

“I was awakened by my grandson who first noticed smoke in the house at about 9:30pm Wednesday, and we all came out to realize there was fire outbreak but could do virtually nothing to control it and all our rooms and belongings, including church property were consumed by the fire,” she recounted to ABC News Correspondent Issah Nabila Salifu.

According to her, they placed a call to fire service, but they arrived very late with insufficient water, so another tank full of water was brought in but it was too late as all items had been burnt already.

She said the effect of the fire was so severe that properties lost is unquantifiable, taking into account all rooms with occupants and countless valuables.

 

However no casualty was recorded as all present came out before advancement of the fire which is suspected to be caused by electrical fault.

“Three of the seven rooms had people in them but everybody came out unhurt – in my room alone, items destroyed could amount to over GHC15,000,” she said.

The landlady, popular known in the community as Assembly Woman, therefore made a passionate appeal to government, organizations and well-meaning Ghanaians to come to her aid as she and her entire household have been stripped of every personal belonging.

“As we speak, I don’t have anything in possession from clothing to utensils. Bed, luggage, everything is burnt so I am by this medium appealing to all and sundry to assist me and my grandchildren with anything little,” Elizabeth Gyamia begged as tears flows.

Submit your stories or articles to newsroom@abcnewsgh.com or Whatsapp them to +233 553620623

- Advertisement -

Comments

Latest News

My kids may not go back to school – Okyeame Kwame

Rapper and entrepreneur Okyeame Kwame has disclosed that his children may not go back to regular school even as...

More Articles Like This

%d bloggers like this: