Prince Harry and Meghan’s decision to step back as senior royals has ‘hurt’ Royal Family

Must Read

I’ll expose you if you don’t stop talking “rubbish” about Rawlings – Koku Anyidoho warns Kwesi Pratt

A former Deputy General Secretary of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Koku Anyidoho has warned the Managing Editor...

I didn’t intend to be a difficult guest to Serwaa Amihere – Oppong Nkrumah responds

Following what has been described as a gaffe on the part of GH One's presenter, Serwaa Amihere during an...

Social media users damn Anas’ recent work as “mediocre, distorting and malicious”

Ghanaians on social media have reacted to the exposé by undercover journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas which seeks to unravel...

The decision by Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in England has reportedly hurt the British Royal Family.

The two, in a statement, Wednesday said: “After many months of reflection and internal discussions” they plan to split their time between the UK and North America.

In October last year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle publicly revealed their daily struggles associated with the position they occupy.

In one of such disclosures, Meghan said “when you continue and constantly see and hear negativity, it can be overwhelming; you can feel powerless and lost and confused like you just don’t belong,” in reaction to how she has been struggling to cope with all of the negative press surrounding her name.

In their unexpected statement posted on their Instagram page on Wednesday, the couple said: “We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.”

According to reports by British broadcaster the BBC, the announcement was done on the “blindside” of the Buckingham Palace.

In a quick response, the Royal Family said, “Discussions with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are at an early stage. We understand their desire to take a different approach but these are complicated issues that will take time to work through.”

The news, after it appeared on social media has been met with mixed reaction. While some believe this is the right step taken by the heir to the British throne to protect his wife, others believe the Royal Family won’t let them go.

See the post by the Duke and Duchess below: 

View this post on Instagram

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex For more information, please visit sussexroyal.com (link in bio) Image © PA

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

 

Source: ABCNewsgh.com

Submit your stories or articles to newsroom@abcnewsgh.com or Whatsapp them to +233 553620623

- Advertisement -

Comments

Latest News

Police scan La Tawala Beach following grenade explosion

The Ghana Police Service has begun scanning the La Tawala Beach in Accra following an explosion at the beach,...

Film Producers Association suspends Tracey Boakye

Film Producers Association of Ghana (FIPAG) has indefinitely suspended Ghanaian actress and film producer, Tracey Boakye. This comes after, Tracey Boakye clashed with musician MzBel...

Aggrieved parents confront Morning Star School authorities over fees

Angry parents of pupils of The Morning Star School in Accra Monday, descended on the school, requesting an immediate negotiation of fees for “online...

Disregard rumors of reopening of school for continuing students – Education Minister

Education Minister, Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh has urged the general public to disregard statements making the rounds that some Universities are going to be...

Impacts of COVID-19: Ghanaian economist proposes 3 debt management strategies for African economies

The COVID-19 global pandemic has greatly hit African economies and has threatened the debt sustainability of levels of some of these teething economies on...

More Articles Like This

%d bloggers like this: