NMC to complete probe of Caleb Kudah assault, Citi FM invasion in 2 weeks

Must Read

The National Media Commission (NMC), has said it hopes to conclude its investigations into the assault on Citi News’ journalist, Caleb Kudah, and the invasion of the premises of Citi FM and Citi TV by National Security operatives in two weeks.

Management of the media house on Monday morning presented a petition to the regulatory body demanding an investigation into the actions of the officers of the national security that have been widely condemned by many Civil Society Organizations and Ghanaians in general.

Receiving the petition, the Executive Secretary of the NMC, George Sarpong, indicated that the focus of the Commission is to unravel the true facts which will determine the appropriate actions to be taken.

“We thank you that, in a moment like this, you choose not to apply an unorthodox approach, but you seek a constitutional resolution to the matter. So I can assure you that we are going to treat this with all the seriousness it deserves. It is my expectation that within two weeks, we should have reached a consensus”, he promised.

Citi FM and Citi TV have specifically petitioned the NMC to use its mandate under the constitution that enjoins it to ensure the safety of journalists, to investigate or cause to be investigated the two incidents and recommend appropriate actions.

Mr. Kudah was arrested at the National Security Ministry on Tuesday for filming abandoned MASLOC vehicles parked at the premises of the Ministry.

He was at the Ministry to verify a claim by an official of MASLOC that all the cars had been given out.

This was after Caleb Kudah had complained about the wastage of public funds on social media.

A team of heavily-armed SWAT police officers subsequently were dispatched to arrest Citi News journalist, Zoe Abu-Baidoo Addo at the premises of Citi FM/Citi TV.

This is because Caleb had forwarded some of the footage he captured to Zoe via WhatsApp.

Mr. Caleb Kudah in an interview on Citi TV indicated that he was slapped several times by the security officers.

He also insisted that he was hit in the groin by one Lieutenant Colonel Agyeman.

The National Security Ministry says it has initiated a probe into the case.

Submit your stories or articles to newsroom@abcnewsgh.com or Whatsapp them to +233 553620623

- Advertisement -

Comments

Latest News

Commercial drivers’ protest lead to clashes at Ablekuma

The protest by commercial drivers has resulted in clashes between some private vehicle drivers and the protestors at Ablekuma...

More Articles Like This

%d bloggers like this: