Ghana risks a high and severe third wave of Covid-19 outbreak if the public continues to ignore the safety protocols.
The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye gave the warning in Accra on Wednesday during the COVID-19 media update.
He noted that Ghana had already entered into its third wave and indications pointed to the fact that much more would have to be done to avert a disaster of catastrophic magnitude.
“A lot more had to be done to ensure that we don’t get to the situation we recorded in February and March this year,” he said.
The GHS Boss said 248 persons were currently on the admission of which 17 were in critical condition, 86 severe, and 143 mild to moderate.
However, 93.7 per cent of them had fully recovered with 166 of them still active.
The 166 students, Dr Kuma-Aboagye said, were 93 from schools in the Ashanti Region, 38 from the Oti Region 38, Greater Accra, 15, Eastern 12, Bono East seven, and Bono, one.
Dr Kuma-Aboagye said there was the need for all Ghanaians to take the situation seriously and act responsibly by adhering strictly to the preventive protocols.