Ejisu gas explosion claims one life

Must Read

A gas explosion that occurred at Achiase-Amoam in the Ejisu Municipality of the Ashanti region has claimed one life.

The deceased lost her life after a gas cylinder exploded at about 4 pm on Monday when a tenant tried checking on her leaking gas cylinder, which exploded and caught fire in the process.

A next-door neighbour together with her three children was caught in the ensuing fire leading to the death of the 14-year-old girl.

Occupants of the house and other residents in the area subsequently came to the rescue of the victims and rushed them to a health centre in the area.

They were then referred to the Intensive Care Unit of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.

The 14-year-old girl, Shamsiya Yahaya died on Thursday while on admission at the hospital with the four others, a mother and her two children and another tenant, still on admission.

The traumatised owner of the gas cylinder which exploded, Yamusah Humu Salma, told Accra-based Citi News: “For now, I am confused… I am in pains”.

SourceABC News

Submit your stories or articles to [email protected] or Whatsapp them to +233 553620623

- Advertisement -

Comments

Latest News

Ghanaians will appreciate the harm caused by Free SHS in the next 10 years – Haruna Iddrisu

Minority leader in Parliament and MP for Tamale South, Haruna Iddrisu has observed that the NPP government's flagship Free...

More Articles Like This

%d bloggers like this: