COVID-19 patients transferred to UG Medical Centre after fire guts Korle Bu ICU

Must Read

Three patients diagnosed with COVID-19 who were on admission at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital have been transferred to the University of Ghana Medical Centre after a fire outbreak at the Korle-Bu medical ICU.

In the early hours of Monday, November 30, 2020, fire gutted the ICU as a result of an electrical fault from a socket in the ward.

According to the hospital’s PRO, Mustapha Salifu, officials have taken all the necessary steps to evacuate all three patients who were in the ICU to safety.

Steps are also being taken to refurbish the ICU for re-occupation.

“The fire was detected early, so we were able to handle it as soon it started. The COVID-19 patients are safe and under control. There were also no casualties involved as a result of the outbreak,” he said.

The CEO of the hospital, Dr Opoku Ware Ampomah who was at the scene during the emergency, commended the staff for their heroic acts which prevented the situation from escalating.

He also commended the fire service for the promptness they displayed in dealing with the fire.

Submit your stories or articles to [email protected] or Whatsapp them to +233 553620623

- Advertisement -

Comments

Latest News

Newcastle United unveil Saudi Arabian colourway for 2022-23 third kit

Newcastle United have unveiled their new green and white third kit for the 2022-23 season. Photos of the shirt were leaked...

More Articles Like This

%d bloggers like this: