COVID-19: Ghana’s film industry at a standstill – Prince David Osei

Must Read

Government to pay workers’ wages and salaries on January 22, 2020

Civil, public servants and workers under the Ghana Education Service should expect to be paid their salaries on January...

Akufo-Addo’s achievement in educational sector unmatched in Ghana’s history – Napo

Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, Education Minister, has suggested that success chalked by the governing New Patriotic Party, led by...

We lie during campaign period – Mahama confesses

The flagbearer of the opposition National Democratic Congress, John Dramani Mahama, has confessed to peddling falsehoods during campaign periods. Speaking...
www.abcnewsgh.comhttps://abcnewsgh.com
ABC News Ghana is an investigative media house that focuses on politics, sports and the economy. Our work is thoroughly researched, balanced and fair. Our vision is to become the most preferred indigenous news brand for men in West Africa.

Ghana’s film industry appears to be bearing the brunt of the COVID-19 pandemic, actor Prince David Osei has said.

According to the multiple award-winning actor, several producers are done with their films but are finding it releasing them because of the uncertainty of the disease.

Speaking to Accra-based Joy News’ Doreen Avio, Prince David Osei said shooting had been halted due to the precautionary measures outlined to curb the spread of the disease.

“My movie ‘News Man’ is finally ready. We were supposed to take it to the censorship board and then book a date at Silverbird, but with what is happening right now we don’t know when this would be over,” Prince David stated.
He added that initial plans to release the movie had to be shelved because of the ban on public gatherings and the spike in confirmed cases of coronavirus in the country.

“Everything is on standstill, now we can’t really go on set, we were hoping to do another movie but I told my friends we had to wait,” Prince David Osei said.
He also commended the work some of his colleagues are doing to help educate their followers on the deadly effects of the viral outbreak which has claimed a life in the country out of the 21 cases.

“No matter what happens we all need to take the precautionary measures,” Prince David added.

 

Source: ABCNewsgh.com

Submit your stories or articles to newsroom@abcnewsgh.com or Whatsapp them to +233 553620623

- Advertisement -

Comments

Latest News

Zenith Bank records another 1st in Digital Banking with the introduction of the GH Dual Card in partnership with GhIPSS

Zenith Bank (Ghana) Limited has become the first in Ghana to roll out the Eazypay GH Dual Card, combining...

Special focus needed at Ridge Hospital; management becoming unbecoming – Anas

Investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas has indicated that special attention needs to be given to the management of the Greater Accra Regional Hospital because...

GJA demands swift action against Soldier for assualting TV3’s Journalist

The Ghana Journalists Association has called for an immediate investigation and prosecution of soldier suspected to have brutalized a TV3 journalist. Yesterday, a TV3 cameraman,...

46 foreign owned shops closed down at Circle after traders failed to regularize documents

Forty six foreign-owned shops have been closed down at Circle in Accra after traders failed to regularize documents, which allows them to continue trading...

Banking industry losses over GHC 33 million due to fraud in 2019

Fraud activities in Ghana's banking industry increased in 2019 compared to 2018, a report from the Bank of Ghana on fraud has revealed. The data...

More Articles Like This

%d bloggers like this: