2021 Census: 80% of enumerators paid in full; Remaining 20% yet to return tablets – GSS

Must Read

The Ghana Statistical Service has disclosed that at least 80 percent of the enumerators who collected data during the 2021 Population and Housing Census have been paid their allowances in full.

According to the Statistical Service, the 80% are persons who have returned the gadgets they used for the exercise.

Speaking on Accra-based TV3, Head of the Resource and Data Centre of GSS and lead official for the 2021 Population and Housing Census Technical Working team, Owusu Kagya explained that the contract between the GSS and the enumerators stated that payment would be done upon return of all the tools in possession of the census officials.

Ghana’s current population is 30.8 million – Ghana Statistical Service

He therefore indicated that the remaining 20% who are yet to receive the rest of their allowance have either not fulfilled their end of the contract or have an outstanding clearance with the service.

Mr. Owusu Kagya further assured that payment will be effected immediately they submit all their gadgets to the statistical service.

Speaking on the program monitored by ABC News, Mr. Kagya noted that “before the exercise we went into contract and the contract said we will begin paying 30 per cent of the contract sum and when you are done, meaning you have sent the data to us and you have returned all our items to us, and so, when you are done with it then we clear you and that is when we will pay you the remaining 70 per cent.

“As at last week we had paid about 80 per cent of the enumerators in full. We are left with the 20 per cent and it has to do with being sure that we don’t okay the money into the wrong people and also getting our returnable items,” he added.

“There could be instances where people will tell you  if you don’t me I will  not give you your tablet  but it is the other way round , we should get the tablet first  before payment  is done. What if we give you the money and you also don’t bring the items?,” he stressed.

SourceABC News

Submit your stories or articles to newsroom@abcnewsgh.com or Whatsapp them to +233 553620623

- Advertisement -

Comments

Latest News

Australian Open 2022: Unvaccinated stars able to play in Melbourne

Unvaccinated tennis stars are set to be allowed to play in the Australian Open but face two weeks of...

More Articles Like This

%d bloggers like this: